Sunday, December 23, 2007

the one where jerome is having a séance

This would be your classic Type A dream; of daily recall, but a little bit more... there were multiple 'feeds' for this dream.

1) Today was a full moon.
2) While out with our friends Jason and Franco, it was mentioned once or twice about having a séance some time. I'm fully open to the experience having participated in them prior, and believing in the experience.
3) I've been chatting with Jerome quite a lot in recent days via Facebook. He's a funny guy and I enjoy his clever wit.
4) I seem to recall reading a post on Jerome's blog about going ghost hunting with friends on at least one occasion...

Add all these facts together, add in exhaustion from 3 weeks of extended work hours and the details all blend and criss-cross...

It's dusk, or twilight if you will in the Dream, but instead of the full moon that is actually occurring as I sleep, it's a new moon. I can't say EXACTLY where it's located, but suffice to say it's your average Suburb. Both Jerome and I live apparently rather close by, as I decided in the course of just a few moments into the dream to go visit him; unannounced. - Now that's just something I'd never do. I have only ever once shown up on someone's doorstep without confirming in advance, I do not even show up at family or the closest friend's house with out them being aware of my arrival....

When I get to Jerome's, I knock on the side door, but there's no answer. A minute goes by and so I knock again. There's no reason for me to believe that he is home but I keep on trying. After about five minutes of knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell Jerome answers the door and is followed by a few others who begin to leave. He asks why I'm there as he was not expecting me, and I say that I don't know why I'm there, only that I felt I had to go there and knew to stay ti he answered. He comments that this is strange as they (he and the others) were attempting a séance.

I express my fear and concern as I realize they've been attempting a séance during the new moon; a dangerous act indeed. The dark moon is not a time of any other-worldly contact, at least not for or with any positive(good) contact or outcome... I ask if anything happened he indicates no and so it appears that all will be ok.

We continue to talk, but at that point the dream fades away...

No comments: