Friday, November 30, 2007

the one where I'm a spice boy

There's been a lot of hoop-la about the Spice Girls in recent weeks, what with their re-group and world tour, as well as Mel "Scary Spice" Brown participating in the recently completed season of Dancing With the Stars; and considering I once had a dream where I replaced Gerri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell after she left the group, it should come as no surprise that I've once again dreams of being a Spice girl. Laugh I know. But these have always been entertaining to me.

In this most recent dream, a Blogger Friend Jerome (DullGloomy) and I are both new Spice Girls. More precisely we are Spice Boys. The first Spice Boys thank you very much! I was recruited more for my Singing ability and Jerome for his Dance. And it becomes very clear early on in the dream that while I excel while singing, I have two left club feet when dancing, and sure Jerome may be the Baryshnikov of the Spice World, he is just ahead of Posh in his singing abilities (Which as far as I know is far from the truth, seeing as he's a singer-actor-dancer in real life)

No amount of training and practise makes me understand the intricate and never-ending dance moves we are to preform on stage and I even consider a faux broken leg just before our tour begins so I don't have to dance...

Nothing much when you look at it, but again some dreams are just meant to entertain and this one delivered for me, to be sure. Wile in real life I don't 'wannabe' a Spice Anything, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, and that would be future instalments in my dream life as a Spice Boy!

No comments: